The advancements in technology, application areas for advanced communication systems and development of new services, facilitate a tremendous growth of new devices and smart things that need to be connected to the Internet through a variety of wireless technologies. Parallel to this, new capabilities such as pervasive sensing, multimedia sensing, machine learning, deep learning, unmanned aerial vehicles, cloud and edge computing, energy efficiency/harvesting and computing power opens the way to new domains, services and business models beyond the traditional mobile Internet. The new areas in turn come with various requirements in terms of reliability, quality of service, and energy efficiency. These are only some examples of the challenges that are of interest to researchers in Forthcoming Networks and Sustainability in the IoT Era (FoNeS-IoT).
Welcome to the EAI Community
Let the EAI Community help you build your career with collaborative research, objective evaluation, and fair recognition:
- Get more visibility for your paper and receive a fair review with Community Review,
- Earn credits regardless of your paper’s acceptance and increase your EAI Index for new membership ranks and global recognition,
- Find out if your research resonates – get real-time evaluation of your presentation on-site via EAI Compass.
The works that will be presented at conference will focus on, but are not limited to, the following topics:
- Architectures and protocols for wireless sensor networks and wireless multimedia sensor networks
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) in sustainable systems
- AI in the Internet of Things (IoT)
- AI in IoT-oriented medical applications
- AI and IoT paradigms in sustainable education systems
- AI/IoT solutions in sustainable traffic systems
- AI/IoT solutions in sustainable power systems
- Internet/Web of Things and Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communications
- Performance evaluation methods for QoS
- Heterogeneous wireless access networks
- IoT and e-health
- Machine-learning approaches for network planning
- Machine learning and IoT in smart systems
- Clouds and edge computing
- Network mobility and handover management
- Network security, trust and privacy in a wired/wireless environment
- Routing in wired/wireless environments
- Drones/unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) in IoT
- Public Safety Networks and Disaster recovery using wireless communications
- Software-defined wireless networks
- 5G and beyond 5G networks
- Wearable communications and computing
- Energy harvesting and sustainability in smart cities
- Employment of IoT and mobile network technologies for education
All registered papers will be submitted for publishing by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library. Proceedings are also included in EUDL (EAI open access digital library).
Proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in leading indexing services, Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
FoNeS-IoT proceedings will be submitted for publication in:
- Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering
Additionally, selected papers will be considered to be included in one of EAI Transactions and the Springer’s Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET) Journal (IF: 2.390)
Community Review is a service offered to Program Committees and submitting Authors of all EAI conferences designed to improve the speed and the quality of the review process.
Abstracts of all authors who opt in to Community Review during submission will be published and available for Bidding here.
Regular Papers: 10 – 20
Short papers: 6 – 10